Friday, April 2, 2010

Week 38 - We are almost there!

My doctor appointments went well this week. I have 2 again next week. The first is on Monday with my OB/GYN and the second is on Friday for the non-stress test. This is currently the last week that I am scheduled for both appointments.

Tom's dad (Tom) will be arriving on the 13th and will stay with us for two weeks to meet his Granddaughter/stay with us and assist as needed, and yes I have plans on taking all the help I can get!
Tom's mom (Jan) arrived on the 30th. Although she is out here to assist Aunt Pat (she had surgery on the 31st) she is also here to meet her Granddaughter and to assist when she can.
I am also very fortunate to have David, Wendy and Logan living here in town. At a time like this where I miss my parents so much it is very comforting to have David here with me. He is the only other one to really know all of the emotions I am feeling - from thrilled to becoming a parent to the hurt in my heart from missing our parents. Wendy will be a huge help to me in that she's been through it all with Logan. I look forward in bonding with her in a whole new way - as a mother! And as for Logan, well he can't wait to help out. He has told me that he wants to help in changing, feeding, holding and playing with her.

How your baby's growing:
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment