Monday, May 9, 2011

Kassandra's procedure

Today Kassandra is having a small procedure done - or at least that is what they tell me.  She has to have tubes put in her ears.  Due to her teething she got fluid in her ears.  The fluid had trouble draining and built up and sat in her ears.  The fluid is now so thick that it can't drain.  This is making it hard for her to hear.  To her it sounds like we are all underwater.  So they tell me this is a simple procedure.  That it is 5 to 10 minutes and that's it.  She will feel like she has a hangover for about 20 minutes, but that is due to the gas they use.  We get to take her home the same day and then in 4-6 weeks we will start to see a difference.  We will also notice that she won't be sick as often.  Like I said - that's what they tell me.  But since I'm the mommy it does not stop me from being stressed out over this.  Good thing I have Tom by my side and that he is the sensible one in this.
Ok so now that the procedure is over I can tell you that it did only take about 5 minutes and it was so quick that I only had 2 sips of my coffee before they called us back to be with Kassandra again.  However 20 minutes was more like an hour.  But after an hour she was good to go and the happy little girl that we see every day.
Here are pictures of her waiting for the procedure.
 She got to play with the mask they were going to use on her.  They said that by letting her play with it she will get use to it and so that when they go to use it on her she won't be afraid of it.
This was her after the procedure and once she calmed down.  What a trooper.  (No flashes please).  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment