Thursday, November 12, 2009

It's a Girl!!!

We had our doctor appointment with the genetic counselor today. They were able to determine the sex with 90%+ accuracy. Tom waited outside the room during the ultrasound because I wanted to tell him the sex of the baby myself. Since he has enjoyed the ultrasound appointments as much as I have we recorded the session on DVD so that he can watch it later. So after the appointment I went out and bought some baby items. It's looks like those who voted for a girl were right - It's a Girl!!!! So I bought her her first doll, an outfit that says "Daddy's little girl", a 6 pack of bibs which I bought because one of them says "I'm not a boy" and some scrapbook pages (ok that one is more for me) but it is for the baby album.

She weighs about 7 ounces now and is in good health. Her skeleton looks good, has good blood flow and appears to be doing well, she even agreed by providing us with a "thumbs up" shot.






















Our regular OB/GYN appointment is in about 2 weeks so we will have another update at that time. Our next appointment with the genetic counselor is next month. In the meantime I hope you enjoy the pictures from today's visit.

1 comment:

  1. Just felt the need to convey to any readers of this blog that I AM THE GRANDPA!!!!!! Thank you, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete