Friday, April 29, 2011

Kassandra's 1st Year doctor appointment

When Kassandra was born on April 20, 2010 she weighed in at 6 pounds, 6 ounces and 19.5 inches long.  It is now April 29th and Kassandra had her 1 year check up.  She now weighs in at 22 pounds (64%) and is 30.625 inches long (90%) and her head is 18.25 (83%).  She is in 24 month or 2T tops as they fit better for the length and in 12 month shorts/pants.  (Just like mommy she has a long torso.  Just like daddy she has stubby legs).  Her vocabulary is a bit stalled, which is due to her ears (she has to much fluid in her ears and needs to have tubes put in).  However she does say mommy, daddy, yeah, no and a few others.  Most of the time she is a very independent, happy girl.  However if you don't let her do what she wants to do she will get very upset.  Yep her and I are already at odds with one another when I won't let her get her way.  This is just a sign of things to come, or at least that is what I think.  She is shy around others and does not want to be held.  Although she is not a morning person (then again neither am I) she is go, go, go from the time she wakes til her nap and then from the time she wakes until bed.  She is a great eater.  She eats anything we put in front of her and she loves to eat and drink whatever we have.  She is off the bottle and baby food.  She doesn't sleep well at night but we are hoping to fix that in the near future.
As for Tom and I we have thoroughly loved the last year of our life.  A child is a major change in anyone's life, and it was of course no different with us.  We no longer know what it is like to sleep in, go on dates or have quiet time but would not change it for anything.  We look forward in the coming years and to watch Kassandra grow up.

 Time to go to the Dr.  I'm styling!
 Chilling while waiting for the Dr.
Um, can I rethink this appointment?  I just heard mommy mention shots?

Hey, how come I never got one of these before?  I love it!

1 comment: